Posted: May 14 2014
We all know how good a pair of false lashes can make you look on a night out, they frame and open the eyes and have a dramatic effect. Wouldn't it be great to have that look everyday without the hours of gluing, positioning and repositioning. I recently jumped on the lash extension band wagon and this is what I found:
- Mornings are a breeze! I never realised how much time it cuts out of my daily makeup routine when I don't need mascara.
- They really do brighten your eyes and look great without looking overdone (No Geordie Shore stylz here). Even the dramatic look lashes are natural looking.
- You'll get lots of comments about your long lashes..... up to you if you reveal the secret or not ;)
- Going makeup free is so easy. I hate wearing makeup to the gym and since getting my lashes done I don't feel self conscious about it.
- It can be costly. I have had 3 refills so far and I've needed them every 2-3 weeks, at $70 a pop (for my lash stylist) it can turn into an expensive venture.
- You have to be delicate with them. I like to give my face a good scrub every night which is hard to do with these lashes. You need to be very careful with them and I find the time I save in the morning getting ready I gain at night trying to carefully remove my eye makeup.
- Towards the 2-3 week mark before refills they can get patchy but a packet of individual temporary lashes can help with this.
- If you toss and turn in your sleep like I do your lashes can get a bit tangled and need a little bit of work in the morning but this is usually just a quick brush out.
- I don't recommend using the cheaper options for these lashes. I tried once to go through a cheaper provider and was very disappointed. They used cheap synthetic lashes and applied them 3 at a time with way too much glue. My lashes clumped together and they were uncomfortable. They dug into my eye lid and i ended up taking them off.... never again.
- Invest in some makeup remover wipes I found these a lot easier to remove my eye makeup.
- Silk and hair lashes look and feel much better than synthetic.
- Invest in some disposable mascara wands they are great for combing out your lashes because they will get a little tangled at times.
- Checkout groupon and other special offer sites as they often have deals for full sets if you would like to try them at a cheaper cost.
You can find more information about lash extensions online and I would recommend doing some research first. Make sure your stylist uses good quality lashes and takes their time. If you are in Perth I can recommend
512 Murray St, Perth WA 6000
They have been great and I've been very happy with their service.